Hi just want to share with you my latest project. My own Tobi mask from the Naruto Shippuden series. This is how the guy looks like. ^_^
|Destroy the world!|
White mask (Jabbawockeez mask) or any plain mask
Adhesive tape (Scotch and Double)
Acrylic paints (Red and Yellow)
Black cloth (stretchable recommended)
Glue Gun with glue sticks
1. Draw lines using a marker on the mask, use the reference tobi mask photo. Adjust if necessary to achieve the spiral effect you want. The pattern would serve as your guide.
2. Add double adhesive tapes in between the line. Make sure you cover most of the spaces in between the lines.
5. Using a paintbrush apply glue (diluted with water) on the surface of the mask. Add tissue paper on the mask. Ensure the mask is wet enough with glue so that the tissue binds to it properly. Repeat the process until the whole mask is perfectly cover with tissue.
|This is the part where adjustments can be done on the final contour of the mask.|
6. Let it dry. After drying use sand paper to smoothed out the surface of the mask. During this process you may see some defects such as pit holes and crevices. Cover those with glue and tissue, then dry and sand it again.
7. Paint the mask with a white paint base then top it with the desired orange tone. I combined red and yellow paints and adjusted it accordingly to achieve the desired color.
8. Paint the spiral grooves with a darker orange color (one shade darker). This would enhance the spiral look on the mask.
9. Using a glue gun stick the pre-cut black cloth at the back side of the mask. This would function as the holder and the detail of the mask. Ensure that the black cloth has allowance when the mask is worn on the face.
10. Add some line details using a black marker. This is to emphasize the grooves and spiral patterns of the mask.
I will be using this on our Company Christmas party with a cosplay theme. BTW this is my first cosplay attempt. I rented the Akatsuki vest to complete the outfit! This is how the complete costume looks with the do-it-yourself Tobi mask!
|Thats not the pants I'll be wearing on the party! :P|
Had enjoyed the whole creation process. I am very much pleased on the outcome!
|Ah! Super Saiyan 3 Son Gokou!|
Thanks for dropping by!